Micro link Extentions Complete Guide
Micro link Extentions
What are Micro link Extentions?
Micro links are small bead-like clamps that connect the extensions to your real hair. All of the extensions are small and applied to your actual hair strand by strand with an application tool. This technique does not require you to have your hair braided down before installation, and it glue is also not needed. The extensions lay flat and seamless which gives the Illusion the extension is growing directly from your roots!
The micro links are made of either aluminium or copper, with non-slip silicone layer inside for cushion and grip.
How long do Micro link Extentions last?
Micro link extensions can last up to 3-5 months. The duration depends on how you care for the hair and your real hair. Furthermore the hair can be re used providing it is of good quality. Virgin hair can be manipulated and coloured just as real hair. How much hair needed is really up to you and based on where you’d like to add your length and thickness.
How long do micro links take to Apply?
Application takes anywhere from 1-5 hours depending on the intended look. Half a head can take roughly 3 hours.
What’s the cost?
The price of micro Link application depends on the amount of hair and the length. Often extentions are used to enhance our real hair, making it more versatile. Micro link extensions cost anywhere from £500-2,500.
A big pro is how secure they are. If they’re installed correctly, consequently there’s no chance of the extensions falling out.
How to Apply Micro link Hair Extensions
If your brave enough or very skilled, you could try your hand at doing micro links yourself. It is more cost effective than a salon visit. However it is a time consuming process to take on yourself.
1. Start with clean, dry, and straightened hair.
2. Take a section of a few strands of hair. Clip the remaining hair out of the way.
3. Place the hair extension loop on the end of the micro ring pliers.
4. Feed the strand of natural hair through the clear loop.
5. Pull the tab at the end of the loop so that the hair completely comes through the micro bead towards your scalp.
6. Be sure to leave a small gap of around 1cm from the scalp so it’s not too close to your skin.
7. Use the pliers to flatten the micro ring and ensure it is closed. Be careful not to press too hard as this can damage the hair.
8. Repeat the process across your head, one row at a time.
When purchasing a micro loop hair extension, you’ll want them with the plastic pulling wire already attached. This will make the process much easier for a beginner.
Check our guide to gel nails
For football news check out icfootballnews.com